Our History


Our congregation had its humble beginnings in 1935. A small group of Christians from Auburn, Opelika and Tuskegee began meeting at the Tiger Theater. The group relocated to Glenn Avenue in 1939. Because of continued growth, we moved to our current location on College Street in 1967.

We enhanced our campus ministry in 1961 with the formation of the Auburn Christian Foundation. Our current campus ministry includes about 250 students. It is the second largest campus ministry among Churches of Christ.

God has continued to bless us with continual growth throughout the years. We now have about 500 people who call this their church family. Throughout our 75 years here in Auburn, we have helped start new congregations in the area and many members have moved on to strengthen other congregations throughout the world.